If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it by going through our “
Lost your password?” process on our website.
To make this update from a computer that you haven’t used previously to shop on our website, we’ll also ask you to confirm all of your account information before being able to create a new password.To request a password reset:
- Go to Lost your password?.
- Follow the on-screen instructions
.Youmay be asked to copy the text from a picture in a text entry box (commonly known as a “CAPTCHA”). Make sure to enter the letters in all- capsIfyou have a problem reading the “CAPTCHA,” we’ll give you a chance to try again with a different one. If you continue having an issue with the validation screen, contact us.
- Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account. If you created your account with a mobile phone number, you’ll receive an SMS message with instructions instead of an e-mail.
After you’ve created a new password, it will become active right away. Your new password will be applicable for all your Amazon-related accounts associated to the same email address.
Tip: For tips on how to choose a strong password, go to Choose a Strong Password.
Choose a Strong Password
To protect your password, it’s important to change it periodically and keep your password private, since anybody who knows your password may access your account. We recommend changing your password every 30-60 days.To choose a strong password:
- Use a different password on Promax Store from what you use on other sites. If you need help remembering your password, consider using a password manager. Research the best one for you.
- Use at least 8 characters. A minimum of 6 is required; a maximum of 128 is allowed. While not required, adding numbers or special characters to your password will make it even stronger. For example, the password “rivers2!%” is a much stronger password than “rivers.”
- Choose an original password. Passwords previously used for your account will not be accepted by the system.
- Do not use the same password that you use on other sites.
- Avoid passwords that are easy to guess. These include passwords such as “secret,” “password,” “Promax Store,” or “123456.” They also include things like a dictionary word, your name, email address, or other personal information that can easily be obtained.
Note: Passwords are case sensitive. For instance, “RIVERS2!%” and “rivers2!%” are two different passwords. When choosing a password, remember the capitalization you use, and make sure that the CAPS LOCK key on your keyboard is not turned on.